This is a revolution in orthodontics, at your Trussville dentist, Invisalign clear aligners provide an effective way to straighten your teeth while remaining virtually invisible. Wearing the comfortable, customized aligners will gradually shift your teeth into their correct position. Correcting teeth alignment is imperative, not just cosmetically, but for overall health. Invisalign offers the best of both worlds: comfortable, efficient straightening with an essentially invisible appearance.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign consists of comfortable flexible plastic trays that are custom fabricated especially for you! They are indeed invisible. You would be able to get your teeth straightened without anyone seeing that you are wearing “braces”! Invisalign works for adults and teens, as well as nearly all varieties of crooked teeth and incorrect bites. Due to his extensive experience and expertise with Invisalign, Dr. Millington is comfortable treating just about every patient with Invisalign. Everyone is a candidate!
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing. Using a modern approach to straightening teeth. Dr. Millington will straighten your teeth using a custom-made set of aligners created by Invisalign. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements Dr. Millington has programmed for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. Each set of trays are worn for about two weeks, until your treatment is complete. You will visit Dr. Millington once every 10-12 weeks to ensure your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages 12-18 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 15 and 30, but can vary from case to case. Upon completion of treatment, you will achieve the confident smile that you’ve always wanted.
Advantages of Invisalign
· Clear – virtually undetectable aligners. This allows you to straighten your teeth without anyone ever noticing that you’re going through treatment.
· Removable – You can remove aligners to eat, drink, brush, or for that special occasion. Because you can remove aligners, there are no foods to avoid and you can maintain your current dental hygiene regimen.
· Effective – Nearly all cases can be treated with Invisalign to the same result as braces.
· Customized – Invisalign aligners are customized just for you! Dr. Millington will create an individual treatment plan that will result in your perfect smile!
· Less Time – Generally, you will spend less time in our office, with appointments about every 12-18 months. If you have a hectic work schedule or even live out of town, Invisalign is great for longer appointment intervals.
· Comfortable – There are no wires to poke or brackets to break. Invisalign is made of a smooth, comfortable material, which means there is little chance of an orthodontic emergency.
For more information, click one of the links below to take our smile assessment to see if Invisalign would work for you! You can also check out the before and after pictures!